5.1.04



Happy New Year!

I've got a great feeling about 2004. There is little doubt in my mind that this is going to be one memorable year. Just call it female intuition.

How did you bring in the new year?

Tired of the quiet and low-key house parties of years past, I motivated my friends to get dressed up and party at a gala event. Such a fantastic time.... good food, lots of bars, manageable lines, fun music... there was something for everyone.

People behave differently when they're dressed up. Less debaucherous, more sophisticated. Well... up until 2:00 a.m., when the dance floor shook with men in tuxes and women in gowns boogying it up to Britney's "I'm a Slave 4 U."

Then, on January 1st, a woman from work offered me tickets to Saturday evening's performance of Swan Lake at the Kennedy Center. Free! I'd been trying to buy tickets to that ballet for months!

The costumes were exquisite, the sets were whimsical, and Tchaikovsky was brilliant - as always.

Like I said, I have a feeling this is going to be one hell of a year. At least it's off to a great start.

Did you watch the big apple drop on Dick Clark's Time Square special? Or did you host a soiree for close friends? Or perhaps you decided to go all-out and attend a mega party like me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home