2.2.04



Prioritizing priorities

You have five workdays. There are four items that absolutely must be complete by 5:00 p.m. Friday. A month ago, you bought tickets to three events scheduled after work this very week.... one of those is a date.

The phones ring continuously - you let all of your calls go to voicemail as you sit at your desk, typing away, while speaking with a co-worker.

Three of those messages are from your mother - she sounds worried because you haven't called in two weeks. But you don't have time to call her back right this second. Maybe later... this afternoon... or after you get home... when you should have more time... if you don't cancel your plans and work late instead.

This last month has been crazy. I haven't felt organized at all. And somehow I've let 1,000 important deadlines pile up and EVERYTHING is due this week (and I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!).

How do you keep your life in order? I swear I don't know how working moms do it. I'm just taking care of me - flying solo - and I'm buried.

How do you prioritize?


As an aside - here's a big SHOUT OUT to the Patriots for providing suspense and heartstopping anxiety throughout that magnificent Superbowl game! I was hyperventilating and freaking out in those last 10 seconds. Adam Viniatieri ROCKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home