20.8.03



Mixing business with pleasure

Early on in my career, I didn't think twice about inviting the boss out to happy hour. At 23, I wasn't concerned with making an impression, good or bad. I just wanted to have fun.

As I matured and moved on to another employer, I was more aware of my behavior in social settings. I'd still have fun, but wouldn't go crazy the way I would with friends.

Next week will mark my 2-year anniversary with this employer. I'm the boss now and can count the number of happy hours I've been to with employees on one hand.

Does anyone else feel inhibited in social settings with co-workers? Do you drink with the boss after hours? Do you find it inappropriate? What's your corporate culture like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home