14.8.03



This one's for Buzz

Today Buzz threw down the gauntlet - he sent everyone on a mission to "feed their head".

New and interesting information crosses my path on a daily basis - nature of my work. But this is what I've come up with today.

1. Researchers are a few steps closer to defining arousal.

I learned that understanding arousal is the Holy Grail for neurobiologists. Arousal is supposed to be at the heart of all human emotions.

2. Parts of the Berlin Wall still exist

I was under the impression that tourists completely destroyed the Berlin Wall in 1990 - gone forever. Today I learned that people are making a living from dismantling and selling pieces of the wall. Hurray for capitalism!

3. Paul Sereno discovered another dinosaur species and named it "regal reptile from Narmada."

Actually, it's officially called Rajasaurus Narmadensis. I searched for the reason why most dinosaur names end in "-aurus," but couldn't find anything relevant (zilch in the dictionary). I'll spend some time brushing up on my Latin tomorrow. (the answer is probably really obvious)

Thanks for the inspiration Buzz! Oh - and if you read this, I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about my list of famous Actors.

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home