50 Things you’ve been dying to know about me
I’ve caught another blogovirus.
Who knows where these questions originated, but I guess they're as good as any……
1. Your name spelled backwards: ALAM
2. Where were your parents born? Portugal
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? Updated Spinner
4. What's your favorite restaurant? This is a tough question. Ummmmmm… well, in DC my favorite is DC Coast; in Providence, it’s Ten; in Savannah, it’s The Pink House; in Seattle, it’s Wild Ginger… I could go on, but will stop here.
5. Last time you swam in a pool? Two nights ago on my roofdeck.
6. Have you ever been in a school play? Yes
7. How many kids do you want? Not sure yet… 2? 3? I think I’d put my foot down after 4.
8. Type of music you dislike most? Country
9. Are you registered to vote? YES
10. Do you have cable? Nope, although sometimes I'm tempted.
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped? No
12. Ever prank call anybody? Yes in the good ol’ days before caller ID (“Is that your refrigerator running?”).
13. Ever get a parking ticket? No
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Both
15. Furthest place you ever traveled? 1989 – Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia
16. Do you have a garden? Do herbs growing on my windowsill count?
17. What's your favorite comic strip? The defunct Calvin and Hobbes.
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? Hell YES!
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night? Morning shower… at night I prefer a soothing bubble bath.
20. Best movie you've seen in the past month? About a Boy
21. Favorite pizza topping? Onions
22. Chips or popcorn? Popcorn
23. What color lipstick do you usually wear? Depends on the outfit… but my favorites are Vibration, Caramel, Mystic, Rum Radiance by Revlon covered by the glossy Laque Miroir Crystal by Givenchy (impossible to find in the States).
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? No
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? No
26. Orange Juice or apple? Pineapple juice
27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine? This past Saturday, I met my college roommate at Teaism for brunch.
28. Favorite type chocolate bar? Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate with Caramel Filling.
29. When was the last time you voted at the polls? 2002
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? July 6, 2003. My dad made a tomato and mozzarella salad. YUMMY!
31. Have you ever won a trophy? Yes
32. Are you a good cook? When I have to, which is rarely, yes.
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Yes
34. Ever order an article from an infomercial? No
35. Sprite or 7-up? Neither – the only soda I drink is Diet Coke (with an occasional appearance by Diet Dr. Pepper).
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? No
37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy? Pantyhose.
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? Love (Deep down, I’m a completely hopeless romantic).
40. Do you believe in love at first sight? No
41. Ever call a 1-900 number? Aside from running my own? (kidding) No
42. Can ex's be friends? Absolutely
43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? I don’t remember.
44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby? No
45. What message is on your answering machine? “I can’t come to the phone right now so leave a message.”
46. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character? PAT
47. What was the name of your first pet? Big German Shepherd named Queenie.
48. What is in your purse? Palm pilot, wallet, lipstick, pressed powder, cell phone, a dozen pens, a tiny notebook, a handful of keys, a Metro SmarTrip card, my security badge, shades, and eclipse spearmint strips.
49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime? Read
50. What is one thing you are grateful for today? That tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!
TAG - You're it. Go ahead and come up with your 50 answers. Let me know in the comments section when you post to your blog. Have fun!
UPDATE: John of Stoner Cellars noticed that #38 is missing. So I'm requesting readers to leave potential questions in the comments area (or email me) to fill in #38's spot. THX!