12.9.03



The most important meal of the day

As a rule, I don't eat breakfast. Digesting solid food before 10:00 a.m. makes me feel sick. It has never been a favorite mealtime.

On the other hand, I do enjoy brunch on the weekends. Sitting down with friends for a leisurely meal and all-u-can-drink Mimosas or Bloody Mary's is heaven.

My protege popped into my office this morning rambling on and on about breakfast sandwiches. And suddenly I was ravenous and wanted food.

I threw on my black raincoat and headed out in search of breakfast. I went to Cosi, to Luna, to the little cafe down the street and in desperation, to McDonald's.

But the joke is on me. Apparently the entire city of DC stops serving breakfast at exactly 10:59 a.m. You can purchase a cheeseburger at 10:30 a.m. but not a McBreakfast Sandwich. In my book, 11:00 a.m. is still MORNING and perfect time for BREAKFAST.

Oh well... I settled for a gigante cafe latte instead (yes, I broke down and welcomed caffeine back into my life).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home