13.8.03



Girls' weekend in Savannah

I know what y'all are thinking... Savannah? In August? I've got to be nuts, right?

Well, that remains to be seen - but the flight is confirmed, the rooms are booked, and I will be joining my best friend in Savannah over the extended Labor Day Weekend. Woohooooooo!

We've been planning a weekend getaway for months - but for one reason or another, haven't been able to confirm anything til now.

See, as T-Bone wisely pointed out in today's cliche post, it took me a while to realize what I had until it was gone.

I've been extremely fortunate in my life. I've always had that one best friend. That elusive creature who didn't compete with me for a man's affection. Or grab the Jones of New York skirt marked down 80% out of my hands while I wasn't looking. Or try to sabotage a presentation to look better in front of the boss.

The friend who, after hearing for the millionth time that he'll never find anyone better than me, still pats my arm and nods - without rolling her eyes. You know - that one friend you never phone before dropping by. The one who would meet you out for wine or coffee at 10:00 p.m., just because. The partner-in-crime who had your back, pushing you towards datable candidates, while dragging you away from potential trainwrecks.

The one who tells you straight up when you're being a b*tch.

Well, she moved away a year ago - leaving me with many well-intentioned friends, but no one who just "gets it." It's been quite an adjustment for me. I never realized how good I had it, until I didn't have any local best girls left. Local is the key.

So even though August isn't the most ideal time to lounge around in Savannah, I'm really looking forward to that southern hospitality Adam's always writing about while meeting people on the River Walk, shopping, doing the cemetery ghost tour, and, of course, chatting late into the night over bottles of wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home