31.7.03



Poindexter resigns

John M. Poindexter scares the hell out of me. And although he's resigning from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), I know he'll be back.

He's the mastermind of the Terrorism Information Awareness (TIA) System formerly known as the Total Information Awareness Program. The Pentagon changed the name of the program after groups started making noise, raising objections and protesting the idea.

I don't believe the way to keep America safe is to spy on every person in the country.

My privacy is violated everyday (probably much more than I'm aware). There are security cameras everywhere. Each card in my wallet has a nifty little strip that tracks my comings and goings.

Want to know where I was at 7:43 this morning? Oh look... there I am entering the Metro Station. Check the cameras and digital system and you'll find I made an exit at Metro Center. I drink my coffee with lots of cream and sugar - just check the camera at the intersection of 11th and G streets.

Sometimes more (monitoring, tracking, spying) is just dangerous..... to our freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home